Let's prolong the chart.
- Industry got tilted too much to romance games reaching over 50% of total number. At the same time the number of works with an impact on story decreased drastically.
- Some of the old titans could not adapt to Windows reality in 1997 - those include Elf/Silky's and Abodago Powers. At the same time there is an influx of new brand names with low price low quality games.
- The number of titles with a theme song and an opening increased significantly.
- Genres battle still goes on, but simplification process comes to either ADV or ADV with some features. There's still hardly any game with autoplay, so player's active commitment is expected.
- Canaan ~Yakusoku no Chi~
- Comic Road
- Kaeru nyo Panyon
- Nails ~Beginning of Your Heart Beat~
- Ruriiro no Yuki
- Ryouki no Ori Dai 2 Shou
- To Heart
- Yatsu no Na wa Diamond
- Zoku Hatsukoi Monogatari ~Shuugaku Ryokou~